Not sure what type of flea and tick medicine to give your dog? If yes, then today you have landed in the right place.
Ticks can fleas can attack and hide on your dog’s fur for days, feasting on blood. Besides draining blood from your dog, ticks and fleas can also cause deadly diseases such as Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, ehrlichiosis, Bartonellosis, and much more if they are not detected on time.
In this article, we will discuss the best way to get rid of ticks and fleas on dogs.
What to look for when purchasing flea and tick medicine
Is The Flea and Tick Medication Veterinarian-Approved
One of the top things to look for when purchasing a flea and tick medicine is if it is veterinarian approved.
Any medicine that is veterinarian-approved has been thoroughly tested in an approved lab and proven to be effective in getting rid of fleas and ticks.
Consider The Ingredients Used
It is not possible to know if the ingredients used to formulate a flea and tick medicine for dogs are good or bad unless you are an expert.
However, you can research or consult an expert to help you determine if the ingredients used are effective and safe for your dog.
Choose the type of medicine that is safe and delivers the best result for your dog.
Why might your dog need a tick or flea medicine?
Your dog may need a tick or flea medicine if there is an outbreak of ticks or flea diseases in your neighborhood.
If other dogs around your neighborhood are suffering from diseases caused by ticks or fleas, then the chances of your dog getting sick as well are high. The best way to protect your dog is by purchasing a tick or flea medicine.
A tick or flea medicine can also help to treat your dog and speed up the recovery process if it has already been attacked by fleas or ticks or suffering from a disease caused by these deadly parasites.
You will also want to keep fleas out of your home as fleas can get into your furniture, including bedding.
Best Flea and Tick Medicine for Dogs
1. PETARMOR Plus
- EFFECTIVE, WATERPROOF FLEA TREATMENT FOR DOGS: PetArmor Plus is a waterproof, flea & tick topical prevention for dogs that kills fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae, ticks, and chewing lice for up to 30...
- TRUSTED, VET QUALITY* FORMULA: Containing fipronil and (S)-methoprene, the same active ingredients as FRONTLINE Plus for Dogs. PetArmor Plus for Dogs has a powerful formula that starts to kill fleas...
- BREAK THE FLEA CYCLE: Unlike other flea and tick treatments that may temporarily suppress flea activity, PETARMOR Plus Dog Flea Treatment works by effectively breaking the flea life cycle! Kill flea...
PETARMOR Plus is fully waterproof and can help get rid of ticks, flea, flea eggs, flea larvae, and chewing lice for up to 30 days. It contains vet quality ingredients, including fipronil that kill all fleas and ticks within 24 hours.
2. Furrolandia chewable flea and tick treats for dogs
- Safe And Natural: The FurroLandia chewable flea and tick treats for dogs are an all-natural and safe supplement. Forget about uncomfortable flea collars for good!
- Made In Usa: Our pet flea chews help you avoid all the messy oils, powders, shampoos, or uncomfortable collars.
- Peanut Butter Delight: The FurroLandia chewable flea and tick treats have a lovely peanut butter taste so your dog will be excited about taking his flea pill.
This medicine is made of all-natural and safe ingredients that have been clinically tested, and vet approved. Furrolandia chewable has a lovely peanut butter taste that will make your dog feel excited about taking the pill.
3. Capstar fast-acting oral flea treat met for dogs
- FAST-ACTING FLEA TREATMENT: One oral flea tablet starts killing fleas within 30 minutes.
- TACKLE FLEA INFESTATIONS FAST: Give Capstar oral flea treatment and watch dead fleas fall off your pet.
- TREAT RE-INFESTATIONS FAST: If your pet gets re-invested with fleas, simply give another dose as often as once a day.
This chewable pill comes in six doses and is ideal for use for dogs weighing 25.1-125 pounds. It is made of all-natural quality ingredients that can kill fleas and ticks within 30 minutes of administration. No prescription is needed to administer this medicine.
4. Furrolandia chewable flea and tick treats for dogs
- Safe & Natural: Do you want a natural & mess-free supplement? Hate the flea collars? Then these all-natural dog flea and tick chews are your great option
- Forget About The Mess: No more mess from using flea oils, or using powders, shampoos, and other flea products
- Tasty Bacon Flavor: Dogs love the smell & yummy taste of these chews. Made of completely natural ingredients the flea and tick treats for dogs are specifically flavored with bacon so your dog can...
If you are looking for a natural and mess-free dog supplement for treating fleas and ticks, look no further than Furrolandia chewable. It is made of 100% natural ingredients and flavored with bacon that makes every bite yummy.
5. Advantus oral dog flea treatment
- Contains 30 soft chews: A single dose of Advantus kills adult fleas on a dog. It is safe to repeat treatments as needed, up to once per day
- Chewable flea treatment for dogs and puppies age 10 weeks and older
- Advantus large dog flea chewables start killing fleas within 1 hour
Advantus oral dog flea treatment contains 30 soft chews. A single dose of Advantus oral dog flea treatment can kill adult flea and tick within one hour. It is also safe to repeat treatment if needed once per day. Advantus oral dog flea treatment is 100% for your dog and can be administered without a prescription.