The English bulldogs trace its origin to the British Isles, where it was used in bull baiting. The dog distinguishing features is that it is short, has a thick neck, and plump wrinkles. Additionally, the dog has a calm, friendly, and conscious personality.
It is a dependable dog because it is pleasant to children. More so, the dog requires little exercise. The dog’s coat can be in different colors such as brindle, red, fawn, or white. Besides, this dog can live up to eight or ten years.
A female dog weighs fifty pounds while a male dog weighs fifty-four pounds. The dog is suitable as a pet dog, although it can serve as a watchdog.
Chew Toys to Avoid for English Bulldogs
This type of dog loves to chew, but not all chewing toys are excellent for the dog. Therefore, a pet owner should not purchase a tiny chewing toy for the dog because of the high risk of swallowing.
More so, slippery toys that are difficult to hold and grasp are not favorable for this dog. Besides, the toy should not be made from fragile materials that can easily break when it chews the toy. Soft toys can also cause injuries to the dog, therefore necessitating a visit to the veterinary
Best Chew Toys for Bull Dogs
Chew toys are essential for dogs because they help in keeping the dog active. Additionally, they stimulate their brain and reduce the chance of the dog, destroying things in the house.
The best chew toy for this particular dog helps clean teeth; therefore, it should have bristles. Additionally, the toy should have a flavor that will leave the dog with a good mouthfeel after chewing.
More so, the toy’s choice should not cause breathing difficulties to the dog because of its flat face. The chew toy should also allow for easy picking because the dog has crowded teeth.
Nylabone Power Chew Action Ridges Chew Toy
- MADE OF DURABLE NYLON - Long lasting dog chew toy challenges even the most aggressive chewers and discourages destructive chewing
- PROMOTES DOG DENTAL HEALTH - Ridges and nubs help prevent plaque and tartar buildup as dogs chew
- DISCOURAGES DESTRUCTIVE CHEWING - Our long lasting chew toys are a healthy and fun activity for dogs to fight boredom, ease anxiety, and learn healthy chewing habits
This toy is among the long-lasting chew toys that are also recommended for powerful chewers. Also, the toy helps clean the dog’s teeth as bristles rise as the dog chews on the toy.
Besides, a pet owner can purchase a medium or extra-large one depending on the dog’s needs. This toy comes in natural and red colors and costs between nine and sixteen dollars. Nylabone power chew is also recommended because it gives the dog an excellent mouthfeel.
Benebone Real Bacon Durable Wishbone Dog Chew Toy
- DURABLE, LONG-LASTING – Super chewer? Bring it on. Benebones are tougher than real bones and last for weeks.
- REAL PEANUTS! – Dogs love peanut butter, so we use 100% REAL PEANUTS. Why go with the imitation stuff?
- EASY TO PICK UP AND CHEW – The Wishbone is curved for a paw-friendly grip so your pup can quickly grab it and get a good chew going. Think about it: dogs don’t have thumbs.
This chew toy is specifically made for heavy chewers. The toy comes in different flavors, including real bacon, real chicken, and natural peanut. The toy also differs in size. Even the bone can last for several weeks, and it is designed for easy grasping. Interestingly this chew bone is manufactured wholly in the United States of America.
Nylabone Puppy Dental Dinosaur Chew Toy
- Teething Puppy Bones: Gentle puppy chew toys that ease pain during the teething stage
- Keeps puppies busy and helps prevent destructive chewing
- Flexible chew toy helps with puppy teething while cleaning teeth and freshening breath
This toy is an excellent choice for puppies who are teething. It has features such as massage nubs and chicken flavor that leaves the dog with a good feeling after chewing. Additionally, the toy allows for teeth cleaning, therefore, preventing the build-up of plaques and tartar. It is made of nylon that guarantees durability.
Best Bones for Bulldogs
- Age Range Description: All Ages
- Included Components: Busy Buddy Bristle Bone (Medium)
- Special Features: Dispenses Treats0
The toy is helpful for dogs because it ensures that they have a more extended playtime. Additionally, this product comes in different sizes, extra small, small, medium, and large. Therefore the dog owner can purchase the size that coincides with the needs of the dog.
The toy is also very affordable as the price ranges from five dollars for the mini and fifteen dollars for the large chew toy. More so the toy ensures oral hygiene of the dog as it has nylon bristles. For dog owners concerned about oral hygiene, look into beef trachea for dogs. The PetSafe busy buddy is also easy to clean, and you can refill the treats. Additionally, the nylon and rubber material used to make the toy makes it suitable for strong chewers.
Mammoth Flossy Chews
- Flossy Chews Cottonblend Color 3-Knot Rope Tug, Assorted Colors
This chew toy is in different sizes, ensuring that people can purchase the size that suits their dogs. The prices differ according to measure, with the largest costing almost twelve dollars. It is made of cotton blend rope knotted three times. Most pet owners prefer this toy because of its durability and thickness. Consequently, the toy can serve the dog from puppyhood to adulthood.
Best Treats for English Bull Dogs
English Bulldogs are well known for their stubbornness. They are also infamous for their short attention span and lack of self-control. If you have an English Bulldog, you know that they can be a handful when it comes to training. But that doesn’t mean they don’t deserve the best! There’s nothing better than giving your dog a treat after he has performed a trick or completed his potty duty on command.
- SIMPLE AND PURE: Made with wholesome ingredients that allow for easy digestion with nothing artificial. Delicious mix of flavors from locally sourced ingredients lets you give even the pickiest dogs a...
- CRAFTED BY HUMANS, LOVED BY DOGS: Made with 100% natural ingredients, these biscuits are human grade for a product you can feel great about giving your best friend.
- FREE FROM: These tasty dog treats are free from gluten, wheat, and grain and do not contain GMOs, BHA, BHT, preservatives, artificial colorings, or artificial anything.
Bulldogs are known for their droopy, wrinkly faces which can often lead to skin issues. One way you can help your bulldog maintain clean and healthy skin is by feeding them nutritious treats that will keep their teeth strong and provide the essential nutrients they need.