Dogs, just like any other pets, sleep an average of 12-16 hours a day. Not all dog beds are made the same way. For a dog that likes to burrow, you'll need a burrow bed. You have no idea just how much you will make your dog happy. If you're just looking to get right to it, we recommend the Furhaven Memory Foam Bed, which has a snuggly blanket and removable cover.
With the right dog bed, your dog feels safe and secure. If you do not provide a dog with a proper bed, they will find a way to create their own den, mostly at the expense of your favorite couch.
When it comes to pampering your dog and helping him get a good night's rest, there are varieties of dog beds available to choose from.
What is a Burrow Bed For Dogs?
Burrow beds, often called snuggle beds, are the ideal solution when it comes to providing your dog with a cozy place to relax and sleep. If your dog displays burrowing behaviors, it’s time to reward him with his own burrow bed.
Burrow beds are designed in the shape of a tunnel with an opening on one side. The top part is made of a soft, shapeable blanket that provides a lot of body contact with the dog, perfect for cuddling and burrowing. They come with an enclosed space that allows the dog to sleep comfortably on the cushion.
Best Burrowing Beds
When looking for a burrow bed for your dog, there are a few key factors to consider. First, it is important to think about your dog's breed and size. Some burrow beds are better suited for smaller dogs, while others may be preferable for larger breeds.
Different beds may offer different levels of comfort and support, so it is important to choose one that will best meet your dog's needs. Finally, it can also be helpful to look at reviews from other pet owners to get a sense of which burrow beds are considered the best by people who have used them.
Memory Foam With Snuggly Blanket
- DESIGNED FOR PETS: The pet bed comes with an attached blanket hood that can be used as is or converted into a tented burrowing cave with the included plastic tubing; either configuration provides a...
- SLEEP SURFACE: The interior sleep surface is lined with cozy, insulating sherpa, while the exterior features easy-care suede; both materials are gentle on noses and paws for enhanced snuggling and...
- EASY ON JOINTS: The memory foam top contours to your pet's figure to cushion pressure points, relieve joint pain, and improve body alignment to help ease discomfort and encourage restful sleep
This bed comes with a hooded blanket made of soft-touch fabrics for a comfortable sleeping surface. For easy cleaning, it has a removable dog bed cover that is machine washable. The bed is available in different colors, such as gray, blue, cream, and pink.
Donut Shaped With Shag Fur
- CALMING DOG BED SUPPORTS BETTER SLEEP: Thanks to its round shape, our high-quality Donut Cuddler cat and dog bed is ideal for pets who love to curl up. The raised rim creates a sense of security and...
- SUPERIOR COMFORT: Cozy, flexible, and finished with vegan faux shag fur, our warming luxury dog bed is reminiscent of a mother’s fur coat. Paired with deep crevices that allow your pet to burrow,...
- VERSATILE DESIGN and MAINTENANCE: Available in beautifully natural colors, our cat and dog donut cuddler beds are a seamless addition to any room’s décor! Finished with water and dirt-resistant...
This dog bed comes with a round donut shape that is ideal for pets who curl up. It is designed with pet-friendly materials such as nylon and faux fur to create the dog mattress. The bed is machine washable and should be dried thoroughly in a dryer.
It comes in different sizes, from small to larger breeds. For comfort and superior sleep, the bed is paired with deep crevices that allow the dog to burrow.
Sleeping Bag Style
- COMFORTABLE : cozy plush interior offers a feeling of comfort and security
- DURABLE : Made to last. NO clumping. NO shifting.
- ATTRACTIVE : Faux Suede exterior, cozy plush interior
If you're looking for a dog bed that is both comfortable and durable, the Ethical Pets Sleep Zone Cuddle Cave is a great option. The cozy plush interior offers a feeling of comfort and security, while the machine-washable faux suede exterior is attractive and durable. So if you're looking for a bed that your dog will love to cuddle in, the Sleep Zone Cuddle Cave is a great choice.
With Extra Loose Blanket
- 🐾BETTER CHOICE FOR YOUR PET LOVER: Siwa Marry 2 in 1 covered pet bed comes with an attached blanket hood a donut shape, providing ultra cozy, warmth and security insulating burrowing nest for your...
- 🐾ULTRA SOFT MATERIAL SAFETY : The interior sleep surface is lined with covered in ultra soft short plush fabric, Deep fill high resilience pp cotton. And the exterior features corn kernel shaped...
- 🐾NON-SLIP BASE: For your pet's safety, Siwa Mary dog bed comes equipped with non-skid silicone dotting for the bottom to keep it from moving on non-carpeted place. It's also a little water-proof....
The Siwa Mary Small Dog Bed with Attached Blanket is a great option. This cozy donut-shaped bed is lined with ultra-soft fabric, and comes with an attached blanket hood that will help your dog feel snug and warm.
The deep-fill high-resiliency foam provides support for your pet's joints, and the anti-slip bottom helps keep the bed in place. Plus, the bed is machine-washable for easy care. Whether your pet suffers from anxiety or just loves to cuddle, this bed will provide them with the comfort and security they need.
Why Do Dogs Like To Burrow Under Blankets
According to pet experts, dogs are den animals, which means they love to sleep or relax in a covered space. You may have noticed your dog will burrow its way into blankets. Burrow blankets come in handy for dogs that like cuddling and burrowing. You may have a burrower if you find your dog is scratching your bed sheets. These blankets bring not only comfort but also a den-like sense of security for dogs.
A blanket your dog can burrow in is ideal for snuggly dogs. You can even buy one that has a lining that reflects your dog’s body heat, keeping him warm, especially in the cold weather. Additionally, burrow blankets provide your dog with a good place to lay on.
Dogs have a naturally burrowing behavior. However, this behavior is more evident in some dogs than others. Burrowing occurs when a dog buries his body underneath blankets and starts wiggling underneath until the whole body is completely covered. Some breeds of dog are more likely to get caught burrowing, which can date back to hundreds of years of hunting behavior.
Burrowing breeds love to dig. You might leave him outside for ten minutes playing quietly just to find out he's been digging a hole the entire time.
While many dogs burrow because it’s their nature, others do it when they are anxious, feeling cold, or looking for food sources. This activity is both for smaller and large breeds.
Are Burrow Beds Machine Washable?
Most best dog beds are machine washable, letting you keep it looking fresh and clean throughout. Some beds come with removable bed covers, which are quite convenient when washing.